Online Payment Gateways In India for Processing Payment In eCommerce Sites
On one historical day, PM of India announced to devalue the Indian currency notes of 500 and 1000. The step is taken to deal with the black money in the market and the economy. However, this all of the sudden step have created a chaos among people. It has also affected some of the markets such as eCommerce and mCommerce. Here is the time to convert this situation in business benefit by integrating electronic payment system for your eCommerce site. As per the results of a survey, around 40% of the vendors were not using online payment gateways in India. If you are one of those, then this is the time to go cashless. Take benefit of ecommerce payment processing systems by introducing new e-commerce payment methods for your customers to pay online. There are many choices available for payment gateways in India. If you are not much aware about the electronic payment system and still wondering whether you should use it or not? This article will educate you with the basic facts of ecommerce payment processing systems.
The first step to leverage benefits of electronic payment system for your eCommerce business is to get the best payment gateway. Now you must be wondering what is the payment gateway?
A payment gateway is a provision which connects the front-end processor or an acquiring bank with the payment portal to facilitate the payment processing. Here, payment portal can be a website, mobile application or payment processing IVR system. The payment gateways mostly support almost all Indian banks. So you don’t need to worry much about this fact.
Now, you are aware of the payment gateway, this is the time to understand how it works in an eCommerce environment:
- Whenever someone clicks on the checkout button, the eCommerce mechanism will count the cost of all items acquired in the shopping cart, and if applicable it will add the taxation and shipping charges. This will come up with an amount to be paid by the buyer.
- In the next step, the system will ask for card and other related details from the buyer which will be passed to the payment gateway. Be assured for the security as each detail passed will be encrypted.
- The payment gateway will further send this information to payment processor used by the bank of the merchant.
- This information will be passed to the card association when the card payment is processing. The card association will authorize the card and send back success or fail notification to the payment processor.
- The received information will be sent to the payment gateway which is then forwarded to the merchant site and after all authentications, the payment gets processed.
It might sound complex, but this is done to ensure high level security. Moreover, all these happen behind the scene and in a very quick manner, you even don’t get to know all these happened. It’s a very seamless process with the electronic payment system.
There is a wide variety of payment gateways available to support eCommerce payment processing systems. Below is the list of key features you should look for to select best payment gateway for your eCommerce website:
- Fastest Setup Time
- Flexible Integration
- Support Different Kinds of Payments
- Faster Checkout
- PCI Compliance
- Mobile Optimization and SDK
- Security adherence
If you are thinking to setup e-commerce payment methods from scratch, one of the tools you should integrate is Payment Processing IVR. To know more about Payment Processing IVR email us on email@example.com